Hotmail Reset Password and Account Sign-in
Microsoft Outlook is currently the official email service provider for any email address ending in “@hotmail.com”, thus you may use Outlook to reset any Hotmail, Live and/or Outlook passwords if you want to reset password your hotmail account.
Hotmail reset password
If you are getting trouble in sign in to your hotmail account or don’t remember your password, reset it
Follow these steps to reset password of your hotmail:
1. Click on forgot my password option.
2. Choose one of the reasons given, why you want to reset password, then click Next.
3. Enter the email address, mobile number used when you created your Microsoft account. This could be any email address ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
4. Enter the characters you see on the screen correctly (this shows you are not a robot), then click Next.
5. If you have security information on your account, you’ll get a one-time code on your alternate mobile no. or email you filled in. After you enter that code on the next screen, you’ll be able to create a new password.
Invalid ID or Password Message
If you try to log in to your hotmail account and if it result with an Invalid ID or Invalid Password error message, this signals that you’ve entered a wrong password and email combination that doesn’t match what’s on record.
If you are certain that you are providing the proper sign-in data, there are a few scenarios as to why this is happening.
- If your secret code contains numbers or letters, make sure that your caps lock or number lock keys are activated.
- Case-sensitive codes are often entered incorrectly due to key stroke sensitivity.
Take a look at your browser’s auto-fill settings. If you save your password in your browser usually it fills-in your password for you automatically and you’ve changed your password recently. Then you’ll be required to enter your new password manually to override your browser settings.
You must reset your password immediately using the hotmail change password and try once again to regain the access to your account, review the steps to secure a hacked account to revert any changes made without your knowledge.
Hotmail Reset Password without Alternate email or Phone Number
Go to sign in helper and attempt to recover your account, if you still can’t access your account, read: Account Recovery Information is incorrect below.
Your Account Recovery Information is incorrect E-mail providers take your account’s privacy and security on a serious note, and we’ll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you’re the authorized owner.
When you register for a hotmail account, it’s up to you to fill up-to-date and valid recovery information. Your best option is to avoid losing access and to keep your recovery information updated if you changed your mobile number or changed your alternate email address.
Try Password Helper to reset password online –
If you’ve tried using the hotmail account sign in and weren’t able to sign-in to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend you create a new account or change your hotmail password.
Important Note: If you can’t answer the secret question either and you do not have access to your alternate e-mail address or mobile number also, there is nothing else we could do from here as Hotmail is not able to tell that you are the legitimate owner.